How To Delete Spotify Account – Spotify has developed as a titan of the music streaming industry with over 271 million monthly active users, of which 124 million are paid subscribers and many others are using the free, ad-supported service. The Swedish firm is priced at Apple Music, Amazon Prime Music, and so on.
To pull more people into the service, Spotify launched some plans and also discounted the membership. But if this is still enough to keep you on the site, and looking at how to delete a Spotify account, in this article you will find out how
How To Delete Spotify Account?
To delete your Spotify account, proceed to the Contact Spotify Support page and click on the account. Then tap “I want to close my account”.
Continue clicking “Continue” until you get a confirmation email with a link to close your Spotify account permanently.
Here’s a full step-by-step guide:
1. Choose “Account” on the Contact Spotify Support page.
2. Choose “I want to close my account.”
3. Verify that you actually wish to permanently close your Spotify account, or just cancel your paid subscription. Choose the black “Close Account” option on the left side to go forward with deletion.
4. This will take you to a page that says “We’re sad you want to leave us” and will start the five steps to delete your account. Choose the blue “Continue” button to proceed forward after each step.
5. Verify that you’re logged in to the right account. Tap the blue “Continue” button.
6. Spotify will inform you that you’ll lose your followers and playlists. Check the box confirming you know the consequences, and tap the blue “Continue” button.
7. Tap “Continue” again on the next page. You’ll receive an email – sent to the account you signed up with – to confirm you still wish to close your Spotify account.
8. Open the link you got and click the final “Close My Account” option. This seems like a green button and should be clicked within 24 hours of receiving the email.
Here are the Things to recognize before deleting your Spotify account
- If using Spotify Premium is included, first cancel your subscription and after that, consider being able to delete your Spotify account.
- You can only close your Spotify account on a web browser, not a Spotify mobile or desktop app.
- You cannot use your current username after deleting your Spotify account. However, you can apply the same email address to create a new Spotify account in the future.
- Attacking losing all your playlists, saved songs, followers after deleting your account.
- If students with Spotify apply using the waiver then after closing your account you can apply for it again only after one year.
What happens if you change your mind about removing Spotify?
Spotify makes the account removal process significantly longer as it is an irreversible process, so they want to give you a chance to reconsider the decision before closing your account. However, there is a short elegance period.
If you switch your mind about deleting your Spotify account within seven days, you can cancel this process. Spotify sends a confirmation email after closing your account, and that email includes a reactivation link.
If you click on that link within seven days of deleting your account, you will have the option to recover the account.
Seven days after deleting your Spotify account, you will lose the choice to recover your account. You can still create a new account using the same email address, but you’ll need to choose a new username, rebuild your library, and bring new followers from the ground up.
Also Read: How to Delete Twitter Account?
Also Read: How to Delete Telegram Account?
2 thoughts on “How To Delete Spotify Account?”