How To Delete Paytm Account – Paytm is India’s most well-known and standard e-commerce payment structure company. You can pay your DTH and utility bills, mobile recharge, metro recharge, payment to merchants, etc. using the Paytm app.
This is a really helpful app, but if you want to delete your Paytm account for any reason, here you will find simple steps to delete your Paytm account.
Before closing your account, here are some things to say:
- Closing your account does not unlink your phone number and the associated login ID and password.
Effectively, you can no longer enter Paytm with these tokens.
- This data is stored on a server located in India and will never be shared with any third party. Government agencies governed under the law to obtain information only will have access to this information through a legally compliant data request.
- Transfer of balance from your Paytm account to another Paytm account or bank account is permitted only after KYC as per RBI guidelines.
- PMLA (Prevention of Money Laundering Act) Guidelines – Section 12, point no. 3 and 4 (bit.ly/fiuindia) and PPI Guidelines para 6, point no. 6.3 (bit.ly/ppiwallet) requires your transaction log to be stored after deleting an account for a period of 10 years.
How To Delete Paytm Account?
1: Log in to Paytm with your linked mobile number
2: On the home screen, tap on “☰” at the top left corner
3: Continue to 24×7 Help
4: Then, Go to ‘Profile Settings’
5: Choose ‘I need to close/delete my account’
6: Choose ‘I don’t use this Paytm account’
7: Tap on ‘Message us’ to raise a request
8: Paytm help center will verify the request and close your Paytm account.
Reasons for deleting Paytm account
While there may be many reasons behind the removal of a Paytm account, the most important reason is that people are searching on Google how to delete a Paytm account 2020. This means that many people have a Paytm account. There is more than one account that is difficult to manage on its own!
Apart from this, there can be several reasons for deleting Paytm account, which is given below: –
- Money Transfer from Paytm to the bank account can accredit you up to 4%,
- You may lose your available Paytm cash if you losses your mobile, they don’t have authentication using email id,
- Few merchants rejected to accept Paytm money due to security, less monthly goal, or to make black money.
- It may charge the merchant to accept payment from customers in the future as nothing is free in the world.
- Dependence on the Internet while paying money as related to using cash/Card
- Not available on all major online & offline stores, means you have to keep your debit/credit card with you if you are going to buy from such a store.
- Sometimes the application doesn’t work properly as it happens with lots of services combined in a single app.
- Not available on at least all big websites like Amazon/Flipkart right now.
Also Read: How to Delete Uber Account?
Also Read: How to Delete page in PDF?