How To Close Canara Bank Account? – Canara Bank is an Indian public sector bank founded in 1906. Canara Bank Hindu Permanent Fund was the bank’s last name and has gone through many rebranding initiatives. The bank now has over 6600 branches throughout India. The bank also has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bahrain, Dubai, New York, London, Moscow, Doha, South Africa, and Tanzania. This post will discuss how to close your Canara bank account.
How To Close Canara Bank Account?
1. Complete the Canara Bank Account Closure Form.
The first step to closing your bank account is to complete an Account Closure Form. You may download it from the bank’s website or go to your local branch, receive the account closure form, and fill it out correctly. After that, sign it and turn it in to the branch manager/officer-in-charge. Please bear in mind that any joint holders that you have on your account are required to sign the account closure form together.
2. Include your KYC (Know Your Customer) documentation.
To close their accounts, all account holders must affix a copy of their KYC documents to the account closure form. This includes a copy of their PAN, which serves as proof of their identification and home. Account holders may be asked to self-attest these documents as well.
3. Hand over your balance cheque leaves, debit card, and Passbook to your bank branch.
It would help to relinquish your Balance Cheque Leaves, Debit Card, and Passbook. Only once you have surrendered all of these things can your account closure application be processed.
4. Processing of your Savings Account Closure Request
You are requested to remove the remaining funds in your account and proceed with your request to close your account once the banker has verified the documentation you have given.
5. Take the remaining funds out of your savings account.
When requested, you may either withdraw cash, request that the bank issue a check, demand a deposit in your favour, or transfer the requested amount to another account to end your account.
You could quickly shut your bank account if you followed the instructions above. When a bank closes a customer’s account, they often send an email or text message to the customer’s registered email address and cellphone number.
Important Information Regarding the Closure of a Canara Bank Account
- To close your account, you must go to the bank branch where you opened it.
- Close the account only if you are sure you will not need it in the future since banks usually do not enable you to reopen a closed account.
- For future reference, one should preserve a soft copy or print out the bank statement from conception to closing.
- You should cancel your automatic payment instructions.
- Before cancelling an account, the user must pay off any outstanding debts or charges.
Also, read –How To Delete EA Account?