How To Close SBI Credit Card? – Even though credit cards are one of the most helpful items available in the world of finance, cardholders may sometimes have trouble keeping their accounts in good standing. Additionally, they can experience the impulse to choose entirely other cards altogether.
In these circumstances, cardholders would be required to either shut or cancel the credit card that they no longer intend to use. The cardholder won’t be required to pay any needless fees or charges if they go through this straightforward method, which will save them money.
How To Close SBI Credit Card Online?
#1. Cancel your SBI Credit Card via the Online Netbanking System
By logging into your SBI net banking account and sending an email to the official SBI ID found at www.sbicard.com/email, you will be able to cancel your SBI credit card online. You will get a one-of-a-kind interaction ID sent to the cellphone number that you registered with them as soon as the request is submitted and accepted. After that, the bank will get in contact with you to inform you that your SBI credit card will be closed.
#2. If you no longer want to use your SBI Credit Card, call the customer service number.
If you want to cancel your SBI credit card, you may do so by calling any of the following customer card helpline numbers:
1860 180 1290
1860 500 1290
1800 180 1290
3902 0202 (local STD code as prefix)
In order to approve your credit card, the customer service department of the SBI Credit Card will ask you for a few data. Your request to cancel your SBI credit card will be fulfilled as soon as it has been verified.
How To Close SBI Credit Card offline?
#1. Stop using your SBI Credit Card by sending a letter of cancellation to the bank.
To request that your SBI credit card account be closed, you may compose a letter and submit it to the official address listed for SBI by regular mail. The following addresses can receive your letter:
SBI Card, etc.
PO Bag 28,
GPO, New Delhi 110 001
Your written request must include all pertinent information pertaining to your account, such as your name, credit card number, credit card expiration date, and so on. Failing to do so may result in your request being denied. It is recommended that you refrain from disclosing private information like the PIN or CVV number associated with your credit card in the letter.
#2. Stop by the SBI location that’s closest to you.
You may stop using your SBI credit card by going to the SBI branch that is most convenient for you and requesting that a bank employee do so. You will need to provide all of the necessary documentation together with the specific SBI credit card that you desire to cancel in order to do so.
Considerations Before Closing Your SBI Credit Card
You are now familiar with the procedure for canceling the SBI credit card; nevertheless, there are a few things that you need to bear in mind before you begin the process:
- In order to go forward with the cancellation procedure, you will need to settle any outstanding SBI credit card loans, SBI credit card balance transfers, outstanding dues, and EMI charges associated with your SBI credit card.
- Check the SBI website for information on how to close your account as well as any fees or penalties that may be incurred as a result of terminating your SBI credit card account.
- Cancel any payments that are scheduled to be made automatically from your credit card account.
- After the request for closure has been submitted and the outstanding balance has been paid in full, your SBI credit card should not be used for any further transactions under any circumstances.
- Be careful to cash in any and all of the reward points you have collected on your SBI credit card before the account is canceled.
- If the bank has not already issued one, you should request that they provide you a confirmation saying that your SBI credit card cancellation was successful.
- After you have made any payments that are still due on the card, the cancellation of your SBI credit card will become effective and you will no longer have access to the card.
Also, read –How To Close Upstox Account?