How To Delete FB Account – Facebook can be a very useful tool for staying in touch with friends and family, but for many, the real experience has come down to distractions, constant advertisements, questionable advertising practices, and numerous quizzes on which Game of Thrones character you are.
If you no longer find the social media giant to be particularly useful or interesting, it’s pretty easy to delete Facebook. It’s worth noting that the process can take up to 90 days and you can download a backup of all your posts and messages.
Of course, if that’s a bit extreme and you just want to take a short break, you also have the option to temporarily deactivate your Facebook account.
How To Delete Your FB Account Permanently?
1. Go to the menu by a tap on three dots at the right corner (You will get lots of options)
2. Scroll down and just click on setting (if you are unable to find any options regarding account deletion just simply search how do I delete my account and information)
3. You will get two choices (a) deactivate your account (b) deleting your account is permanent
4. Click on Permanently Delete Account.
5. Then press on continue to account deletion given below
6. Facebook will provide you with many reasons that why you want to delete your Facebook account, (Click on any of the reasons why you want to delete your account).
7. Your account has been deleted
How To Deactivate FB Account?
1. First of all, you have to click on the three-line shape icon at the top right.
2. You need to scroll down and tap Settings.
3. Here, you have to scroll down account ownership and control under your Facebook notification.
4. Now, you have to click on Deactivation and Deletion.
5. Select Deactivate Account and then, you need to deactivate the account to continue.
6. Finally, you require to follow the instructions to confirm.
What is the difference between deactivating and deleting a Facebook account?
Facebook allows users to delete their account or simply deactivate it. The latter is useful when you don’t want to be on the social media platform for a while. Deactivating an Fb account means that no one can see your profile. However, you can still use Facebook Messenger.
Also, your profile picture will still be visible in conversations. Facebook log-in can also be used for other apps like Spotify, Pinterest, and more. Also, photos, posts, and videos will not be deleted. Users can simply reactivate the account whenever they want.
Alright, so you really want to remove any trace of your Facebook activity. If you have chosen to permanently delete your account, Facebook will do it for you; you don’t need to get involved in the process.
However, if you feel like contributing, you can help speed things up by removing specific parts of your Facebook content manually. This can greatly reduce the 90-day removal process. It can also help you sort through your search history and connected apps, even if you don’t plan to cancel Facebook anytime soon.
Have you ever cleared the history on your internet browser? It’s pretty much the same process with Facebook, only it’s much slower and more time-consuming.
Fortunately, the social media giant has improved in that regard as well. Today, it is much easier to view, manage and delete your information.
It all starts with the activity log. There are two ways to access it:
1. On your settings page, click Your Facebook Information> Activity Log:
2. Alternatively, you can click the “Activity log” button on your Facebook profile (lower right corner of your cover photo, next to “Update info”).
Your activity log is part of the “Filters” panel that enables you to view and delete posts and comments, remove likes (for dislikes), and clear search history. There’s a lot more you can do, from deleting group posts to managing content that connected apps published on your behalf:
TIP: Some options in the “Filters” panel are hidden. To view them, click on “MORE” in the respective category.
Going through all of your Facebook activity and content can be a long and tedious job. To help you, we’ve put together some quick guides to the most popular types of content that users often delete on Facebook.
Also Read –
4 thoughts on “How To Delete FB Account?”
Why is it so hard to delete Facebook? I want to delete Facebook.