How To Delete WhatsApp Account – If you are thinking to switch your WhatsApp Account to other messaging apps for privacy reasons, you may be querying, how you can delete your WhatsApp account and collect all data. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. To delete your WhatsApp account and collect all the data, all you require to do is follow a few steps.
For data collection, you may have to wait a few days as the company takes time to send the report to you. You can manually export all chats and media. If you are ready to do delete your WhatsApp account, here is
How To Delete WhatsApp Account?
1: Open ‘WhatsApp’ on your device.
2: Click on the ‘three dots’.
3: Then, open ‘Settings’.
4: Go to ‘Accounts’.
5: Click ‘Delete My Account’.
6: You have to enter your phone number in full international format and tap on ‘Delete My Account’.
7: Then, choose the reason for deleting your account in the dropdown.
8: Tap on ‘Delete My Account’.
Deleting your WhatsApp account will:
- You will be left from all of your WhatsApp groups.
- Your account will be deleted permanently.
- Erase your message history.
- Your Google Drive backup will delete.
When you delete your WhatsApp account?
- After deleting your WhatsApp account, you will not be permitted to access your account.
- Information related to you by other users, such as their copy of messages sent by you, will not be affected.
- Copies of log records may remain in the WhatsApp database but they will be separated from personal identifiers.
- WhatsApp may keep your data for things like legal issues, breach of conditions, or harm prevention efforts.
- It can take up to 90 days from the beginning of the delete process to delete your WhatsApp information.
- Copies of your data can remain in backup storage even after 90 days, which is used to fix a disaster, software error, or any other event that leads to data loss. Your data will not be available on WhatsApp in time.
- You will also lose your data which is shared with other people.
What can be the reasons for Deleting your WhatsApp Account?
If you no longer want to use WhatsApp, or if your WhatsApp data has been misused, you can take care of this by deleting your WhatsApp account. Many people are now considering this radical option as it was announced that WhatsApp will now require you to share your chat data with Facebook.
So if you do not want to share data with Facebook, then you should delete your WhatsApp account now. Facebook repeatedly revealed that our data could not be trusted, and under the new terms, it would get a lot of data from WhatsApp, including your profile information, IP address, your phone contact list, diagnostic data, and app logs.
So this is as good a time as you to delete your WhatsApp account. The service is connected all over the countries which is an important utility. India and Brazil are also including and it is not possible to get rid of the service in these areas. But if you are in a situation where you do not use WhatsApp, then you should seriously think about deleting your account.
Deleting your WhatsApp account is a decision that should not be taken lightly, so Deleting your WhatsApp Account will permanently erase all your data. Even if you choose to reactivate your account in the future, your all data will not get you back and are unable to be recovered.
Also Read: How to Delete Instagram Account?
Also Read: How to Delete Gmail Account?
3 thoughts on “How To Delete WhatsApp Account?”